AEROSPACE & DEFENCE
Carbodeon's uDiamond® has a host of proven applications such as plating and anodising in metal finishing.
Several possibilities to improve composites including improvements to the resin thermal and mechanical properties and addressing polymer/fibre or polymer/filler interfaces. Numerous opportunities also exist in use of uDiamond® to improve wear resistant and low friction coatings.
- Chromium, Nickel and gold plating with improved durability
- Tri-valent chromium as a potential replacement for hexavalent chromium
- Hard and soft anodising with improved durability and lowered friction properties
- Wear resistant, low friction coatings
- Coatings with tuenable optical and hydrophobic properties
- Coatings and materials with improved thermal properties
- Nanodiamond composite resins for abrasion resistant, impact resistant composites
- Thermally conductive interface materials and thermally conductive polymers for electronics and lighting
- Thermoplastics with improved mechanical properties