uDiamond® Plating Additive for Electroless Nickel
Monodispersed highly zeta positive NanoDiamond plating additive for Electroless Nickel
New: Order samples online at our webstore: www.carbodeon.store
Increases the abrasion resistance of plated layers up to 200% by co-depostion of nanodiamond particles, without compromise to other coating parameters. A new patented material and application.
Carbodeon uDiamond® Plating Additive specific characteristics of the solid material in dispersion:
- Nanodiamond crystal size 4-6 nm
- Nanodiamond content ≥ 97 wt.%
- Oxidisable carbon content ≤ 2.5 wt.%
- Metallic incombustible impurity content ≤ 1.2 wt.%
Carbodeon uDiamond® Plating Additive specific characteristics in the dispersion
- Media: aqueous
- pH of dispersion 6-8
- Concentration of nanodiamonds in dispersion 2.0 wt. %
- Zeta potential: highly positive
Main application areas include
- Food & pharmaceutical processing (reduced abrasion reduces material migration by 2/3).
- Machine & Industrial parts
- Electronics, micro-electronics
- Automotive, aerospace
Applicable Plating Systems
- Low phosphorous electroless nickel plating
- Medium phosphorous electroless nickel plating
- High phosphorous electroless nickel plating
- Increase in wear resistance: 200% (as measured by Taber Wear Index, in mid phosphorous electroless nickel).
- Improvement in tribological properties (oleophilic diamond surface).
- Is this a hard chrome replacement? uDiamond® Plating Additive For Electroless Nickel brings a substantial improvement to the performance of nickel plating and in certain applications has been used to enable hard chrome plating to be substituted with a nickel based alternative, however it is not designed to be a universal replacement for hard chrome.
- Can I use this in Cr3 plating? Carbodeon is currently developing a new nanodiamond product optimised for use in Cr3 plating systems, please contact us.
- Can I use this in any other plating systems? Carbodeon is constantly extending its application coverage, please contact us with your inquiry.